A summary of the tweaks, features and new content we’ve added to the Relics server since launching in May 2017.
Many thanks to Hondo, Mod The Galaxy, The Rising and DarklightSWG for providing awesome, custom content to the masses. Same to the awesome folks at Galaxy Harvester and C0pp3r for his GH update script. And of course thanks to the SWGEmu team for their tireless work, making this all possible.
- Group size increased to 100.
- Group invite range increased to 1,000 meters.
- Scouts and Rangers should see increases in hide, meat and bones harvested. Skinny creatures were increased from 50 percent harvesting to 100 percent, with scrawny, medium and fat going up from there.
- Jedi experience loss was adjusted to take into account the server’s 10 times experience (so Jedi should lose what they are supposed to upon death).
- Mission terminals have been added to Ranger camps.
- Increased music XP when crafting instruments.
- Badges have been added for event participation, and those who donate to Relics server costs.
- Force sensitive skill points have been set to 0 for each box. Jedi still need 6 full lines to qualify for the Padawan trials.
- Training the Padawan box costs 225 skill points. Novice Jedi boxes cost 5 skill point, with the first box in each line costing 1.
- Certifications for fourth generation lightsabers have been moved to Master Powers (double-bladed), Master Enhancement (two-handed) and Master Defender or Master Healer (one-handed).
- Above Jedi changes are implemented on a trial basis. We’ll see how they work out.
- More than 30 paintings added to loot.
- Default factory crate size changed to 1,000. Some items are still bound by schematic-specific crate limits and will be changed on a case-by-case basis in the future.
- Jedi and other skills have been added to armor and clothing attachments. Many SEAs that had no benefit were removed. Contact Mnemon if you find a candidate moving forward for removal.
- Firing animation for Light Lightning Cannons has been changed.
- Default insect meat drops have been increased by 10 across the galaxy.
- Locked containers will drop paintings, crystals and loot kit parts.
- NPC Bounty Hunter mission targets should drop loot.
- Draw distance of object considered ‘close’ has increased.
- Special loot has been added to high level Gungan Sacred Place NPCs. You’ll have to kill them to find out what.
- The Jinda Ritualist cave on Endor has had the difficulty of its mobs increased. With the increase comes better loot. High level Jinda’s also drop ‘special loot.’
- Village phases shortened to two days.
- Krayt dragons should drop loot more often and of better quality.
- Buff terminals 2.0 are now live. The buff that says it does nothing … does nothing. Also, make sure to use the ‘Boring Mind Buff’ before going to a doctor, or your buffs will be overwritten.
- Gorax bone shards should now have a minimum damage (apparently they are NPCs … who knew?)
- Dantari, Kungas and Mokks also drop Janta speciality items (blood, hide, etc.)
- Difficulty of the King Mereks has been modified.
- Player city hospitals have been increased to 120 medical rating, making them the best place for buffs in the galaxy (and giving them a reason to exist).
- The ‘Father’s Day’ week long event has kicked off! See the news section for info about the Mad Scientist’s latest attack on the galaxy!
- Gardens of all types can be build in cities regardless of planet.
- Deeds for event perks are now tradeable.
- Special city perks have been added to Twin Suns, Ninety-Fourth and Vets of Valcyn.
- Respawn times have been changed at Fort Tusken to be more forgiving.
- Clothing and Armor Attachments have been added to the Junk loot table.
- Locked container, satchel and cargo pocket drops have been increased.
- A wider variety of paintings and rental deeds should drop from NPCs, and more often.
- Player city hospitals now have a medical rating of 110 (better buffs) and players in the hospitals should slowly tick away wounds similar to NPC city Medical Centers.
- Player city hospitals, cantinas and theaters now cost 1 lot, down from 3 or 5.
- Image designer skill points have been reduced to 1 point per box. For this to appear in your game you’ll need to download a new Relics_1.tre and place it in your SWG folder.
- Jedi XP changed to 1x instead of 10x.
- Many additional paintings were added to the loot table.
- Flag rentals were added to the loot table.
- Gungan NPCs at the Sacred Place POI had their skills and attack power changed.
- City ranks changed to 6, 9, 10, 12 and 15 citizens.
- New players are now announced via a system message when they join the server.
- Pets should be called in 5 seconds just like vehicles.
- Increased the spawn times of guards and captains at the Gungan Sacred Place. You now have at least 30 minutes before they will respawn. Bosses at the POI respawn approximately every hour.
- You can now board at starports from the ticket terminal (no longer need to run to the droid before boarding).
- Chitin and Ubese armor can now have their color changed via the radial menu (similar to composite).
- Wookiees and Ithorians can now wear Ubese, Chitin and Composite.
- After receiving a grant from the Imperial Security Bureau, Medical Service Terminals are now available at most major starports.
- Crafting times have been reduced.
- Mounted pets should now have a run speed between a speederbike and a swoop.
- Blue frogs have been replaced with ‘Medical Services Terminals’ in Theed, Coronet and Mos Eisley. They provide player buffs in three different flavors for credits. Players can also use the terminals to clear their wounds and battle fatigue. The terminals are provided to ensure players are always able to login and play, but intentionally not as good as doctor, musician or dancer buffs.
- The first of our revamped, challenging POIs has been added. If you head to the Gungan Sacred Place on Naboo you will find tougher Gungans to battle, including guards, captains, generals, leaders and a war chief. With tougher enemies comes better loot!
- The mutant leviasquall event has ended. Rumor has it the freak beasts will still harass players from time to time.
- Village phases have been set to 10 days. The phase should change on the 10th day at 6 p.m. Eastern.
- There should now be fewer sand storms on Tatooine.
- Krayt tissues and gorax bones should now have both a max and a minimum damage associated with them.
- Krayt spawns should be quicker and random.
- Mission terminals have been added to all Ranger camps. BH terminals available on the camps awarded beyond Novice Ranger.
- Added loot groups used for special events.
- Added named color crystals to the game.
- Tweaks to the Mutant Leviasquall week-long event.
- Skill points have been adjusted to one skill point a box for Entertainer, Dancer, Musician and Image Designer. The business line of Artisan is also one point per box. Merchant boxes are free. You can master Dancer, Musician, Image Designer and Merchant and still have 130 skill points left.
- For the skill points to appear properly in your client, you will need to download the Relics_1.tre file and place it in your SWG folder. You will also need to add the line “searchTree_00_26=relics_1.tre” to your swgemu_live.cfg file. A sample of an swgemu_live.cfg file is available. Also a great time to download Sytner’s awesome Satelitte Maps if you don’t have it.
- Group rewards are no longer split automatically (i.e. return of solo groups).
- Clothing and Armor Attachments have friendlier names.
- You are able to migrate your stats at any time outside of combat.
- The server-wide ‘Relics’ chat channel has returned. Auction can now be used for selling goods and services as intended. To join the room, right click on a chat tab and ‘Join Chat Channels.’ You’ll see the Relics channel underneath the server name after double clicking it. Highlight the channel and click ‘Join.’ After hitting OK, right click the chat tab again and ‘Modify’ it. Add the Relics chat from the left to the column on the right and hit OK. After joining you can use /relics to chat in the channel.
- Resource crate sizes were increased to 999,999.
- Factory times have been greatly reduced.
- Galaxy Harvester can now be updated directly from our live server.
- Players should now be able to take up to 10 missions at once. Get to work!
- Weapons certified by marksman and brawler have been set to medium armor piercing.
- Weapons certified by an advance profession have been set to heavy armor piercing.
- Personal harvesters changed to 5 min, 10 max base extraction rate, with hopper sizes between 50,000 and 100,000.
- Medium, solar and wind harvesters changed to 10 min, 20 max base extraction rate with hopper sizes between 75,000 and 150,000.
- Heavy and fusion harvesters changed to 15 min, 30 max base extraction rate with hopper sizes between 100,000 and 200,000.
- Server balance sheet, showing donations and server payments, has been added to the bottom of the Donate to Relics page.
- New ‘Brainstorming Lab’ channel added to Discord. The new chat room will be for discussing new ideas members of Relics have in a constructive arena.
- Relics is once again on Galaxy Harvester, this time as galaxy number 65. Thanks to the fine folks at GH!
- The Empire is heralded a new era in transportation. Minus the interference of the Senate, Imperial shuttles are now regularly available throughout the galaxy, and ships from both starports and shuttleports can take passengers off-world.
- New players log in with 60,000 in credits total. In addition to standard items, all players receive a Speederbike and a backpack, Artisans receive wind tool, Medics receive the same survey tools Artisans receive. Also, eating a melon unlocks Jedi for 1 out of every 5 players. One of the statements in this bullet isn’t true.
- Player experience is 10 times the normal value.
- Veteran rewards available on Day One, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180, 210, 240, 270, 300, 365 and every 30 days after that. ADKs were removed. Flash speeder is available in 300 days. An NGE house token will be added when they are available.
- Cities can be re-specialized once a week. Funds can be removed from the treasury once a week. City grace periods are one week. City ranks at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 citizens. Ten trainers allowed per city rank. City specializations are half price. City maintenance discounted 50 percent.
- Each account can have all three of its characters online at once.
- Vehicle and pet call delay reduced to 5 seconds from 15.
- Geo caves are open.
- Through a combination of grinding professions, traveling the galaxy and a couple of acts of heroism, players can become one with the force.
- Player houses hold 400 items per lot. Small houses are 1 lot, Medium are 2 and Large are 3. Guild Halls and NGE houses are 3. The max number of items for any building is 1,200.