Please note, you are now able to increase memory used by SWG via the Relics Launcher. This information is provided as reference information for anybody else who might stumble upon it.
Thanks to Carbonfiberx for posting the following on Reddit.
This is a straightforward guide on how to increase the amount of memory that the SWG client can use. The default is around 750 MB but most people nowadays have anywhere from 1 to 8 GB of RAM so why not up the limit? Here you go:
This setting (taken from the SOE forums actually), will allow you to set a new maximum RAM usage. Note, that 2 GB is the max, don’t bother allocating anything beyond that, the client won’t use it.
- Right-click the “My Computer” or “This PC” icon.
- Choose “Properties” from the context menu.
- Click the “Advanced” or “Advanced System Settings.
- Click the “Environment Variables” button.
- Under the “System variables” section, click new.
- Enter SWGCLIENT_MEMORY_SIZE_MB in the “Variable name” field and amount of memory to use (1024 for 1 gig) in the “Variable value” field.
- Click OK.
- You’ll need to restart your computer for the changes to attack affect.
Then in game, open the debug window with CTRL+SHIFT+G, the new value should be displayed properly in megabytes.